Sunday, August 23, 2009

AVG Free Edition is blocking file download in msn - can anyone help?

Having problems downloading music on msn. AVG free edition antivirus is blocking all files downloaded in msn. Is there a way round it without turning off AVG?



AVG Free Edition is blocking file download in msn - can anyone help?free spyware



AVG blocks downloads when it detects a virus so be cautious about switching it off. Its the point of having real time protection.



Its unusual for your anti virus to block a download, its usually the settings in your browser that control them. So if its giving an alert, pay attention.



AVG Free Edition is blocking file download in msn - can anyone help?live update



turn off AVG by special clicking on the icon on the system bar



and hitting close



you may have to open up AVG first for the icon to appear
I am surprised you have a free AVG while surfing the web....
Also please note (as I forgot to do...) that if you're using Firefox...MSN doesn't like to download through Firefox and it may not be AVG's fault at all (I also have AVG...and Firefox).



When I download MSN stuff I have to back off to my IE browser - and I don't have to change my AVG settings.
change your personal firewall setting to allow downloads via msn
If AVG is blocking the download , you need to disable it by right clicking on the icon for AVG, then download.

No comments:

Post a Comment