Friday, August 21, 2009

How can I backup Program Files Including Updates.?

I would like to back up all my program files installed under XP, such that I can easily and quickly restore should the pc crash.. I have many programs like AVG antivirus, that i would like to back up with all the downloaded updates that are installed in it too. I know I can restore from the install files, but that would still mean I would need to get all updates from the net. Basically I want to be able to back up all program files, together with whatever changes they may make to the registry or dll files, so that I can very simply restore everything.. And maybe even back up any windows updates that have been gotten online, so if i have to restore from scratch, i can update xp too, without going online.



note: i am not looking for a utility that can back up the entire hard drive for easy reinstalling, i want instead to be able to backup just programs, and updates, so that i could move them also to another computer.



is this possible, does such a utility exist (yet)?



thanks,



mango.



How can I backup Program Files Including Updates.?norten



Sure, use ghost from norton, it creates an image of your drive, as long you use it in the same pc it should work

No comments:

Post a Comment