Friday, August 21, 2009

Is it safe t delete this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhff.dll ?

So I've been getting popups for the last week now. I downloaded Panda AntiVirus and SpyBot search and destroy. It deleted everything and I was fine for about a day or two. Just today I stared getting popups again. I ran Panda Antivirus. It found some stuff and it deleted it. I ran Sy Bot and it found "Virtumonde" with the file path C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhff.dll. It couldn't delete it.



I ran Panda again and everything was fine. I just have that one file but it duplicates itself when the internet is connected. SpyBOt is abe to delete the duplicates but not the original file.



Can I manually delete C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhff.dll safely?



Is it safe t delete this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhff.dll ?spyware removal



Best rule of thumb when you are infected like this is to totally reinstall everything. Make sure your data is backed up, then format the hard drive and then re-install your O/S and all applications. Even if the system acts like it has been throughly cleaned odds are there is a stray bot lurking in the registry waiting to pounce.



Is it safe t delete this: C:\WINDOWS\system32\jkhff.dll ?virus protection software



shut off your windows restore so your problem wont restore.now run you scan and reboot. Allso you can turn your system restore back on

No comments:

Post a Comment