Sunday, August 23, 2009

My computer consistenyly freezes since antiviral/antispyware Download?

I have a Toshiba laptop that I have owned for a year now. It never gave me much of a problem about crashing and freezing until I purchased and downloaded AVG antivirus and Spyware doctor. It found a bunch of viral infections and got rid of them.



Problem is, that my computer now freezes/crashes more often whenever I browse the internet. It is extremely frustrating to force reset repeatedly.



Another issue is that my Spyware Doctor will popup a status window on a completed scan or virus detection, but I can't click on the "x" to close it. It won't go away. I have to force it to close by opening the task menu.



Why is my laptop acting so kooky, and how can i fix this?



My computer consistenyly freezes since antiviral/antispyware Download?hp



**UPDATED**



Your Operating System (XP) and your Ram allow for you to run both applications. What version of AVG did you purchase? I'm an authorized reseller of AVG and I find with AVG 7.5 or 8.0 Security Suite installed, my clients systems they do not require other security software unless they run Internet Explorer as their preferred browser, then I highly recommend Spybot Search and Destroy it's free. Depending on the version of AVG you purchased it could be conflicting with Spyware Doc as they are tryin to do the same thing in regards to looking for spyware, adware and the like.



Spyware Doctor is always a concern as it cleans the systems registry which is a bad thing. The system registry should only be massaged by professionals, one incorrect entry, change or deletion, your PC is now a paper weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment